[SSL Observatory] Does the Obs. provide cert validation through HTTP uploads?

Erik Hjelmvik erik.hjelmvik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:08:15 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Is there any way I can upload a cert (in the .cer) format to the SSL
Observatory to see if the cert I've received is the same one as other
people get. I.e. in order to verify that I'm not being MITM:ed by
someone who has been able to aquire a false cert for a HTTPS website
I'm visiting.

The reason I wanna upload the .cer file rather than using the firefox
plugin is because I'm extracting the cert from the SSL session by
http://www.netresec.com/?page=NetworkMiner ).

Thanks!

/erik

--