[SSL Observatory] Checking for debian openssl bug?

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Mar 10 12:28:01 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 08:35:36PM +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
> Am Tue, 8 Mar 2011 09:39:57 -0800
>
> Tried this now, but it didn't work. On the first run, I get:
> questions/blacklist-keys/make-blacklist.py:12: Warning: Unknown table
> 'blacklist'
>   dbc.execute(q)

This warning is not an error.  It's MySQL grumbling about us executing "DROP
TABLE IF EXISTS blacklist", but that's exactly what we meant to do.

> on the second run, I get no error, the table blacklist is there but
> empty. Seems something is wrong here.

Sounds like the glob call on line 17 of the script isn't doing what it should.
Make sure (1) that you run the script from the directory it's in and (2) that
there are four blacklist files there.  ls should show you:

/space/sslscanner/questions/blacklist-keys$ ls
blacklist.RSA-1024  blacklist.RSA-4096  check-blacklist.sql
blacklist.RSA-2048  blacklist.RSA-512   make-blacklist.py*

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131