[SSL Observatory] Amazon EC2 instance - openssl package missing?

Walter Goulet wgoulet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:53:19 PDT 2011

Hi,

The HOWTO for Amazon EC2 setup worked great; I was able to get the data
loaded into my VMI in under 30 minutes start to finish. The setup script
referred to an openssl package that does not appear to be loaded on the ebs
snapshot (/space/misc/openssl_0.9.8o-4_amd64.deb). If I don't have that
package installed, will it break anything? Since I'm interested mainly in
parsing the database data I'd imagine not, but wanted to check.

Thanks,
Walter