[SSL Observatory] Number of CAs

Ben Wilson ben at digicert.com
Thu Dec 8 09:44:06 PST 2011

I think this group needs to define the problem more accurately.  If you are
not saying it is the sheer number of CAs, then are you saying it is an issue
of control and auditability?  It seems that you are groping at the problem
without clearly explaining what it is.  I think what some of you are saying
is that you are concerned about the control over use of the CA keys that you
trust.  If that is the issue, then it needs to be presented directly that
way so that the solution can be directed to the problem.  It reminds me of
the patient who expects the doctor to diagnose the illness by merely saying
that his belly hurts.