[SSL Observatory] TLS 1.1/1.2 support

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 21 21:25:22 PDT 2011

George Macon <george.macon at gmail.com> writes:

>When I was analyzing the data at the beginning of this year, I found these
>results over all hosts:
>
> tls_version_desc | num_hosts
> TLS 1.0          |  10827002
> SSL 3.0          |    512309
> TLS 1.1          |         1

Wow.  I knew that (public) deployment of TLS 1.2 was practically nonexistent
(too many gratuitous changes from 1.1 with no real benefit to justify the cost
of deployment), but didn't realise that 1.1 was so small as well.  What did
the test client offer in its hello?  Could this be some artefact of the way it
did the handshake?  I'm somewhat surprised that 1.1 rated so low.

Peter.