[SSL Observatory] TLS 1.1/1.2 support

George Macon george.macon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 18:23:37 PDT 2011

Since the observatory raw data consists of SSL Handshakes, this data
exists (but was not pulled into the MySQL dumps, IIRC). When I was
analyzing the data at the beginning of this year, I found these results
over all hosts:

 tls_version_desc | num_hosts
------------------+-----------
 TLS 1.0          |  10827002
 SSL 3.0          |    512309
 TLS 1.1          |         1
(3 rows)

I don't remember (and can't find in my notes) what version was offered
by the client to the server. On the other hand, it seems to me unlikely
that a server supporting 1.2 and offered 1.1 would negotiate 1.0, so
it's probably safe to conclude that when the first scan was completed,
no one was supporting 1.1 or 1.2. (One host out of 10 million doesn't
count :)