[SSL Observatory] offtopic: sites with client certificate authentication

Von Welch von at vonwelch.com
Tue Aug 16 06:41:01 PDT 2011

You'll find a small amount of client cert web authentication in the Computational Grid world (along with client certs used with other applications). The public web sites I know of off hand that do client side authentication are https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/ and the DOE Grids PKI issues EECs in browser and then uses those certs to authenticate renewal I believe.

Von