[National-fiber-coalition] Big tent letter for discussion tomorrow morning (9 am PT/12 pm ET)

Ernesto Falcon ernesto at eff.org
Thu Jun 10 07:33:55 PDT 2021

FBA and EFF have signed off on the letter for your consideration. Please review for tomorrow morning's discussion. Ideally we do mass circulation for sign on next week.

Relatedly, I am hearing that there is real pressure to continue to reduce overall funding to broadband even further than $65 billion today down to $45 billion, and I am seeing a lot of effort by the larger ISPs to just ask for subsidies rather than construction funds ie the Emergency Benefit program. So it is going to be important we have a big letter with all walks of life asking for big and bold infrastructure efforts later this month to inject into this next round of negotiations.

Lets take our meeting tomorrow morning to talk the letter over. It should reflect the feedback we've taken in from various stakeholders here over the last two weeks and I think is ready for mass circulation early next week. Interrelated with it is efforts to impact the 20 Senators the President is speaking with now to negotiate an infrastructure package, which we should touch base on as well. EFF is scheduling meetings with these offices now as I suspect many of you are as well.