[National-fiber-coalition] Sign-on letter calling for 5th FCC commissioner

Mark Stanley mark at demandprogress.org
Wed Jun 9 09:04:16 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

(Sending with Ernesto's okay)

I wanted to share this important sign-on letter
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SAPUuuWnC0Tdsvs2-NIAkarG80iigfh_sTggNRxLV_k/viewform?ts=60ba76d0&edit_requested=true>
calling for
the Biden administration to nominate a 5th commissioner to the Federal
Communications Commission.

Now that we're close to halfway through 2021 without a fifth commissioner,
we're upping the urgency of our call to nominate someone, pointing to the
fact that the FCC will be more effective on a number of crucial fronts with
a full commission.

*The sign-on form is here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SAPUuuWnC0Tdsvs2-NIAkarG80iigfh_sTggNRxLV_k/viewform?ts=60ba76d0&edit_requested=true>,
including the full text of the letter -- we're asking groups to sign
on by COB, tomorrow (Thursday, June 10th). *A full list of current signers
is below.

If you have questions, please reach out to Heather Franklin (copied) and
myself.

Thanks!

*CURRENT SIGNERS:*
18 Million Rising
Access Now
California Clean Money Campaign
Center for Accessible Technology
Center for Rural Strategies
Communications Workers of America
Demand Progress
Detroit Community Technology Project
Fight for the Future
Free Press Action
Future of Music Coalition
Institute for Local Self-Reliance
Just Futures Law
Libraries Without Borders
Line Break Media LLC
MediaJustice
Media Alliance
National Digital Inclusion Alliance
National Hispanic Media Coalition
Native Public Media
Next Century Cities
New America's Open Technology Institute
NTEN
OpenMedia
Open Access Connections
Public Knowledge
The Greenlining Institute
Tribal Digital Village Network
Writers Guild of America West

--

Mark Stanley

*Demand Progress* <https://demandprogress.org/>

Director of Operations and Senior Strategist

202.681.7582 <(202)%20681-7582>

*Demand Progress is a national grassroots group with over 1.5 million
affiliated activists who fight for basic rights and freedoms needed for a
modern democracy.*