[National-fiber-coalition] FW: ICYMI--INCOMPAS Statement (Clyburn and Pickering) on Broadband Infrastructure Deal

Angie Kronenberg akronenberg at incompas.org
Thu Jul 29 07:38:55 PDT 2021

ICYMI, here's our release from late yesterday:

[incompass_broadland-logos.jpg]

For Immediate Release

CONTACT: Jeff Sharp, jeffsharp8 at gmail.com<mailto:jeffsharp8 at gmail.com>, (202) 285 7040

INCOMPAS Statement (Clyburn and Pickering) on Broadband Infrastructure Deal

WASHINGTON DC (July 28, 2021) - Today, a bipartisan group of senators announced they have reached an agreement on infrastructure legislation that will include broadband deployment funding. The White House has said the deal will prioritize speed, price and competition.

INCOMPAS has supported the BRIDGE Act and the Internet for All Act.

The following statement can be attributed to Chip Pickering, CEO of INCOMPAS, Co-Chair of the BroadLand campaign:

"America needs more competition and faster future-proof broadband networks, built fast. Every second we delay, consumers and small businesses suffer with expensive slow services that will not support the jobs of the future. While important details remain, a compromise infrastructure agreement that improves speeds, affordability and competition has the potential to help all Americans, rural and urban, connect to a better tomorrow.

I want to applaud Senator Portman for leading this bipartisan effort, and Senators King and Bennet for demanding that tax dollars get spent on faster future-proof broadband that will help all Americans, expand 5G and enable small businesses to compete with the rest of the world."

The following statement can be attributed to Mignon Clyburn, Co-Chair of the BroadLand campaign:

"The Senate bipartisan compromise is a first step toward building broadband equality, but more will need to be done to close the digital divide and bring competition, lower prices and faster speeds to each and every American. Internet for all must be our goal, and competition our guide as we seek permanent solutions to access and affordability."

To learn more about the BroadLand USA campaign, click here<https://broadlandusa.com/>

##
About INCOMPAS:
INCOMPAS, the internet and competitive networks association, is the leading trade group advocating for competition policy across all networks. INCOMPAS represents Internet, streaming, communications and technology companies large and small, advocating for laws and policies that promote competition, innovation and economic development. Learn more at www.incompas.org<http://www.incompas.org/> or follow us on Twitter: @INCOMPAS @ChipPickering

Angie Kronenberg
Chief Advocate and General Counsel
INCOMPAS
(301) 509-5398 (mobile)*
akronenberg at incompas.org<mailto:akronenberg at incompas.org>
*During the coronavirus pandemic, the INCOMPAS team is working from home.  As such, it's best to use my mobile number to reach me by phone.  Thank you!
[1614956254405]