[National-fiber-coalition] Latest text on infrastructure

Ernesto Falcon ernesto at eff.org
Wed Aug 4 12:55:54 PDT 2021

It has been mentioned on a variety of fronts from folks here to the legislature, so I can only take a guess why 5G and other iterations of wireless are generally mentioned in the text but not precision agriculture. I think the likely reason is because its easier to define things with clearer technical standards such as 5G with a reliance on FCC interpretations of wireless standards.

I think precision agriculture falls within the community needs section under the priorities along with scalability, but that its going to be on us in our various capacities to convince the 50 states to factor that into their decisions on how to spend the money.