[Manila Principles] Public launch of template notice of content restriction

Nicolas Suzor n.suzor at qut.edu.au
Thu May 26 10:24:43 PDT 2016

Looks great!

A couple of minor bugs from a very quick test:

On grounds for removal, I don't quite understand what the 'Invasion'
option is. The notice generated is a bit strange: " The issue raised by
the person sending the notice is that it is alleged to be invasion"

Apparent bug: I selected 'Invasion', 'not unlawful', 'ToS violation',
but the notice says:

"The issue raised by the person sending the notice is that it is alleged
to be invasion and therefore unlawful under the laws of [NO TEXT HERE]
because [text entered into ToS section box]"

When removing content for ToS violation, there is a prompt: "Why does
the content restrict your terms of service?" - I don't think that
'restrict' is the right word here. How about 'violate'?

In the notice I generated (screenshot attached), the "Action we have
taken in response to this notice" is not filled in, and the resulting
template is a bit strange - the counternotice email address is presented
even though the option was de-selected, there are too many full stops in
the 'contravenes our terms of service' line, and there is no space
before the due date.

Formatting is strange on further links at the end - 'Intermediary
Liability' in Manila Principles is underlined for no apparent reason.