[Manila Principles] Manila Principles & Broadband Commission VAWG report

Eduardo Bertoni ebertoni65 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:42:23 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

I pretty much agree on what Gabrielle, Jeremy and Prof. Park said. Here in
Argentina an "anti-discrimination" law has just been proposed to the
Congress. For those who are able to read in Spanish, you can find what I
said here
<http://opinion.infobae.com/eduardo-bertoni/2015/07/22/censura-disfrazada-de-antidiscriminacion/>.
Moreover, a Congressman also proposed an anti "revenge porn" law. We (CELE
<http://www.palermo.edu/cele>) made some comments to the first draft. He
took into account some of our comments but in general the bill is not good.
My opinion: there is a universal "trend" to pursue legitimate goals (such
as fight again child porn, hate speech, and others) by implementing bad
regulations on the Internet. Bad because the impact to freedom of
expression is, in most cases, negative and important.

Best

Eduardo Bertoni