[Manila Principles] Web site mockup

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Fri Jan 16 12:14:41 PST 2015

On 16/01/2015 11:58 am, Carolina Rossini wrote:
> looks good, but I do not feel that the drawing/logo does the jobs it
> might be intend to...

Too cartoony, you think?  I can ask the designer for another option if
he has the time.

> will there be a section on "join the principles" or "contribute to the
> debate"?

Yes, when you click on "Signatories" you will go to a big button with a
sign-up form above the list of existing signatories. It's not shown in
the mockup because it's lower down on the page.  You won't be able to
miss it on the final version.  We could perhaps change the link from
"Signatories" to "Join" or "Get involved", if you think it's better?

> maybe something interesting could be a section on "resources"
> things like "Chilling effects" https://www.chillingeffects.org/ or
> others or things alike, including local projects?

Yes, that will be under "Learn more", which - though the mockup image
doesn't show this - will drop down a large panel with different sections
including background paper and jurisdictional analyses (hosted on the
site) and third-party resources (hosted elsewhere).

> I am not sure, but I was curious if this website could also become a
> place that people can get involved and "get help" if needed

The hope is, yes.  An open question was whether to include some kind of
web discussion board, but internal feedback was that just linking to
this list would be sufficient?

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst