[Manila Principles] Seeking your inputs on proposal to restructure the document

Eduardo Bertoni ebertoni65 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 08:07:03 PST 2015

Dear all,

Please find attached some preliminary comments we did at CELE
<http://www.palermo.edu/cele>. We (in fact Daniela Schnidrig, CELE
researcher cc in this email) will be in Manila and we will be very happy to
discuss ours an others comments.

As a general concern/comment: How are we planing to establish a "dialogue"
between the "Manila Principles" and the recommendations issued by UNESCO
<http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002311/231162e.pdf> very recently?
It would be interesting to have a discussion on the strategy that CSOs have
in adopting the Manila Principles IF we already have principles issued by
UNESCO. We strongly encourage all of us to have that discussion on strategy.

Finally, we agree with Raegan comment and also for us the document still
requests an important amount of work, and mainly, as I said above, a
discussion about the strategy we have. Basically, why this principles will
be important?

I look forward to working with you.

Best

Eduardo Bertoni