[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere on Tor issue tracker

Hugo Gruson hugo.gruson at openmailbox.org
Fri Jan 5 09:13:29 PST 2018

Hi,

I am not sure where is the suitable place to discuss this. I don't know
how many HTTPS Everywhere contributors are subscribed to this mailing
list. If necessary, we can continue this discussion on the GitHub bug
tracker.

We still sometimes get reports from the Tor issue tracker. It is a very
valuable tool because it provides users with an way to anonymously
report issues (thanks to the shared cypherpunks account).

But as far as I can tell, no one is assigned to triage and close old
issues. In this large backlog, it is easy to miss important issues that
haven't been fixed.

This raises two questions:

  - How to make sure that issues posted on Tor issue tracker are
    communicated to HTTPS Everywhere contributors? I am currently
    subscribed to the Tor issue tracker RSS feed related to HTTPS
    Everywhere but even then, it puts the burden on contributors to
    find out about new issues. I think today most active contributors
    use GitHub so maybe a bot mirroring issues for Tor issue tracker on
    GitHub would be useful.

  - How to close issues that have been resolved? I don't have any idea
    here...

Please let me know your thoughts on this and whether you think we
should continue this discussion elsewhere.

Best,

Hugo