[HTTPS-Everywhere] How should the issue bot label issues?

AJ Jordan alex at strugee.net
Tue Apr 10 19:50:11 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Sorry it's taken so long to send this email :-)

As I'm sure many of you know I've been slowly making some improvements
to the issue format bot I wrote for EFF last summer (see bug
#14616[1]). One of the things I've written is code to label issues
based on type, over in PR #14698[2]. However, since I wrote that code,
the labels that the project uses changed.

I reached out to Sumana to ask what she thought the best course of
action was, since she and Kate had been working on this kind of
workflow stuff, and she suggested that I just email the list and
solicit feedback from the community directly. And here we are!

So, what type of labeling would y'all find most effective? As a
reminder, the current issue types (which is what this labeling would
be done based on) are here[3], and we can always add more - though we
should keep them as simple as possible. (I originally added another
one until @Hainish pointed out[4] that it was probably adding too much
complexity.)

Cheers!

AJ