[HTTPS-Everywhere] What's the preferred means to refresh or reload the rulesets without restarting Firefox?

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Mon Oct 23 17:11:29 PDT 2017

I vaguely recall that there used to be a binary preference in Firefox one
could find with about:config, toggle it twice, and the rulesets were reloaded.

I don't recall which preference that was, and
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/rulesets and
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/faq aren't helping me identify that
preference. Which preference was/is this?

Now that WebExtensions are the way of things, what is the preferred way to
refresh or reload the rulesets using Firefox without restarting Firefox?

Thanks.