[HTTPS-Everywhere] Intercepting proxy - Does SSL Observatory work?

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Tue May 23 09:26:57 PDT 2017

On 05/23/2017 03:01 AM, Maciej Soltysiak via HTTPS-Everywhere wrote:
> I would've expected SSL Observatory to warn me that my connection is
> tampered with, yet it doesn't.
SSL Observatory mostly doesn't change the rules in your browser for
what's trusted and what's not. If you've installed the bluecoat cert,
from Firefox's perspective that certificate is trusted. What SSL
Observatory will do is report the certs you see to the observatory.
Unfortunately, there's not much we can do with certificates that are
created by intercepting proxies.