[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere plugin interfering with access to KDE.org websites

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jan 7 12:33:55 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Numismatika
<numismatika-everywhere at eclipso.ch> wrote:
> Fixing the developer issue seems to be easy, just removing the target
> host and the rewrite rule.
> Regarding the block dealing with files.kde.org, can we remove the test
> urls and the following exclusion pattern now?
>

>         <!--    Pages differ, various files 404:
>                                     -->
>         <exclusion
> pattern="^http://files\.kde\.org/(?:$|.+/$|.+\.(?:btih|magnet|md5|meta4|metalink|mirrorlist|sha1|sha256|torrent)$)"
> />

files.kde.org is a Mirrorbrain instance, much like download.kde.org
and download.documentfoundation.org.
You'll therefore need to retain that pattern (https only works on
files.kde.org because Android demands it for some Manifest files which
are hosted on files.kde.org - you shouldn't really be rewriting that
domain at all...)

> Regards,
> Numismatika

Cheers,