[HTTPS-Everywhere] Development release next Tuesday

sjw at gmx.ch sjw at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 11 16:13:24 PDT 2015

Hi Jacob

Sorry for the delay. I tried to create a list, but there are to many
affected rulesets. Even YouTube.xml is disabled, which is one of the
most important rule sets we have.
And in my country many domains have the stupid config, that they have
only a DNS zone for the www prefix and the browser does automatically
redirect, but the test fails. I have to fix them all.

The new tests are great, but I vote for waiting until we fixed the
important rule sets. It's more secure to have a few broken redirects
than no redirect.

regards
Jonas

Am 02.03.2015 um 19:25 schrieb Jacob Hoffman-Andrews:
> Specifically you're talking about sites where the
> https-everywhere-checker fails to validate the certificate, but
> Firefox succeeds? If you have some specific rulesets that are
> affected by that problem and are important enough to need fixing
> before release, please send them.
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob
>
> On 03/02/2015 08:26 AM, Jonas Witmer wrote:
>> Hi Jacob
>>
>> I'm still blocked by the bugs I reported in my Mail "browser side
>> failure correction and failed ruleset test".
>> Do you think it's possible to fix them and reanable the affected
>> rulesets first?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jonas
>>
>> Am 28.02.15 um 04:23 schrieb Jacob Hoffman-Andrews:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm planing to release a development version next Tuesday, as a
>>> precursor to promoting 5.0 to stable. If there are important rules that
>>> are currently disabled and you want to make sure to get them fixed
>>> before I make the release, please let me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jacob