[HTTPS-Everywhere] Help testing a big pull request (Google ruleset update)

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Wed Jun 24 15:03:40 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've got a pull request at
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/1984 reformatting the
Google Rules according to the new style guide and ruleset testing
requirements. This is based on @fuzzyroddis' great work a couple months
ago. Originally I had to roll back those changes before the 5.0 stable
release, because I spotted a couple of last minute bugs
(https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/issues/1215 and
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/issues/1216).

I'd like to get this into the next release. Given that it's a fairly
broad change, I'd like to get some additional eyes testing it.
Especially if you use Google via a .co.CCTLD or a .com.CCTLD name. I'd
recommend installing this test build, then turning on "Block All HTTP
requests," since that's a good way to find missing coverage.

You can install the test build from this URL:
https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-5.0.6-google-rules-preview~bfefce7.xpi

Here's a PGP signature:
https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-5.0.6-google-rules-preview~bfefce7.xpi.asc

If you install the test build, it will automatically update to the 5.0.6
stable build once that is released.

Thanks,
Jacob