[HTTPS-Everywhere] tlscompare.org - for Science!!!

Martin Mulazzani mmulazzani at sba-research.org
Thu Jul 16 00:49:26 PDT 2015

Hi all!

Yesterday we launched a new version of https://tlscompare.org. If you
use HTTPSEverwhere, please disable it - then go to
https://tlscompare.org, and click compare. Rinse, repeated, and klick
some more.

What is this website: Long story short, we crawled webpages on port 80
and 443, and created HTTPSEverywhere rules for upgrading HTTP
connections to HTTPS for ~ 200k domains from the Alexa Top Million where
the websites seemed similar. Now we need your help evaluating them.

We added an expert mode for people who know what "misc content" or an
404 error is, this allows for collecting detailed results. We also have
three different datasets available which need to be evaluated, e.g. the
"Existing rules" were generated from the current rules of HTTPEveryhwere
xml files (where all pages should be equal ideally).

Thx, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Mulazzani
http://www.sba-research.org
E: mmulazzani at sba-research.org

Identifizierung gemäß § 14 UGB:
Firmenname: SBA Research gGmbH
Firmensitz: Favoritenstraße 16, 1040 Wien
Firmenbuchnummer: 345659y
Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
DVR-Nummer: 4012257