[HTTPS-Everywhere] 5.0.6: EFF 25th birthday edition

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Wed Jul 15 10:50:01 PDT 2015

Version 2015.7.15 is now available through the Chrome Web Store, and
contains the fix from
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/2222. Again, very sorry
for the broken release.

Here's a little more detail on what happened: I uploaded 2015.7.13 on
Monday. It got held up in "Pending review" state. Meanwhile, Nick
pointed out the release was broken anyhow. I assumed at the time the two
events were related, but it's looking like they were not.

I emailed the Chrome Web Store folks on Tuesday, and asked them to clear
the draft version in review, so I could upload a fixed version. They
asked for some more information, which I sent. Some wires must have
gotten crossed, because late last night the broken version got published.

This morning, I uploaded 2015.7.15, a fixed version, to the store. It
was automatically flagged for review again. After I requested manual
intervention (thanks CWS folks!), it went live a few minutes ago.

I'll be working to figure out what we can do to avoid getting flagged
for manual review in the future, since this seriously delays pushing
fixes to HTTPS Everywhere users.

Thanks,
Jacob
<https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/2222>