[HTTPS-Everywhere] 5.0.6: EFF 25th birthday edition

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Tue Jul 14 14:16:22 PDT 2015

On 07/14/2015 11:18 AM, robert.devanna at nospammail.net wrote:
> Fyi,  when installing into FF directly from AMO,  the 5.0.6 version xpi there pops up a dialog:
>
> Caution: This add-on has not been reviewed by Mozilla and can't be installed on release versions of Firefox. Be careful when installing third-party software that might harm your computer.
This is a known issue that we're discussing with Mozilla. They've
released add-on signing, but HTTPS Everywhere is stuck in their review
queue.

Also a heads up on the Chrome release: It is currently marked
"Published, pending review" in the Chrome store. Normally Chrome
releases go live automatically within 60 minutes. I'm not sure what is
holding up publication of the 2015.7.13 release, but they may have also
added a manual review period like Mozilla's. :-(