[HTTPS-Everywhere] Using the rules in a proxy?

Martin Mulazzani mmulazzani at sba-research.org
Wed Jul 8 08:16:44 PDT 2015

Hi there!

Anyone ever tried to use the HTTPS Everywhere ruleset in a proxy? I'm
aware of https://github.com/apg/heproxy but I'm missing a general
discussion on reusability of the rules.

Benefit that I see: You can transparently upgrade entire networks, but
as Seth pointed out during a conversation is the total lack of user
transparency if a rule is broken. But this could be bypassed with a
(hand-crafted) subset of rules which are known to work, and are for
popular or extremely sensitive sites.

I'm thinking of a transparent proxy that redirects users e.g. using 302
it worthwile to pursue (I think definitely, but would value your
feedback). What are the hurdles?

Greetz, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Mulazzani
http://www.sba-research.org
E: mmulazzani at sba-research.org

Identifizierung gemäß § 14 UGB:
Firmenname: SBA Research gGmbH
Firmensitz: Favoritenstraße 16, 1040 Wien
Firmenbuchnummer: 345659y
Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
DVR-Nummer: 4012257