[HTTPS-Everywhere] extension unsiged in FF: "HTTPS-Everywhere could not be verified for use in Firefox. Proceed with caution." ?

robert.devanna at nospammail.net robert.devanna at nospammail.net
Mon Jul 6 07:01:04 PDT 2015

I've installed HTTPS-Everywhere in Firefox on linux 64.

Currently I'm at v5.0.5 on FF v40.0.

Still seems to work fine, but I notice in the AddOns/Extension pane that is now says:

  HTTPS-Everywhere could not be verified for use in Firefox.  Proceed with caution.

That's a new display, changed from before.

Is there a different version that's signed that we need to install now?  On check-for-updates, there's no new version detected/offered.

 - Rob