[HTTPS-Everywhere] security.tls.version level settings in firefox

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Sat Jan 17 09:09:35 PST 2015

Hi David,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 5:52 PM, David W. Armstrong <
dwarmstrong at optonline.net> wrote:

> Since from the comments, the intent of the code is to disable a setting of
> 0 for security.tls.version.min, it would seem good to check for the current
> setting and only change it to 1 if it is less than 1. That way the user can
> more easily choose to maintain a higher security setting.

As a user and someone who cares for this setting I would agree with you
that the intent to disable ssl3 shouldn't lower the bar for a user who set
it to more. +1 from me.

This actually is something I've been thinking about for some time: how do
you ensure that nothing changes your carefully crafted settings? I mean, I
disable RC4 and DES ciphers.

Best regards,
Maciej