[HTTPS-Everywhere] Forward Secrecy Indicator

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Mon Jan 5 11:59:50 PST 2015

Hi Libertas,

Thanks for working on this. It's a good start. But it needs to take into
account subresources. To get "forward secret" badging, the page should
have no mixed content, and all subresources (including those inside
iframes) should also be loaded with forward secret cipher suites.

There's also an issue where session ticket keys can break forward
secrecy, but we probably don't need to / can't detect that in a browser
extension:
https://www.imperialviolet.org/2013/06/27/botchingpfs.html

On 01/04/2015 07:54 PM, Libertas wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what the diff at lines 13-14 in the patch means,
> so be sure that it doesn't insidiously change anything.
Those are normal indicators of which files are being patched.