[HTTPS-Everywhere] Firefox to require extensions be signed by addons.mozilla.org

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Tue Feb 17 11:27:55 PST 2015

+cooper
> And I agree with Yan in saying that it would fulfill our use case. Do
> you believe we have a way of     pushing this?  (which, as of now,
> it's not even being looked at)
I think Cooper's going to be discussing the planned changes with
Mozilla. In general we're fairly unhappy with the fact that this creates
more of a central chokepoint for "acceptable" add-ons. Mozilla can be
pressured to take down add-ons for various reasons, including both
government and advertiser pressure. When users can choose to install
those add-ons from a different source, this is less crucial, but if it
becomes impossible to do so, this becomes a bigger issue.