[HTTPS-Everywhere] Adding 'simple' attribute to target tag, and maintainer

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 00:39:19 PST 2015

Hi Jacob,

I agree completely with the idea, but instead of using simple=true wouldn't
it be better to use a separate tag like <simpletarget /> or similar?

It would improve the overall readability of the rulesets and clearly
separate targets that need a regex and targets that don't.

True, it will require a bit more tweaking on the code, but it might allow
for further expansion of the use we do sqlite db (if implemented in a
separate table) or, anyway, be translated in the db as '$target' in the
targets table and the word 'simple' in the corresponding rule, while still
keeping the code clean and maintain the expandability.

Cheers,

Claudio