[HTTPS-Everywhere] New release: 5.1.1 (AMO signature temporarily gone again)

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Wed Aug 26 18:03:54 PDT 2015

It looks like the issue was caused by pulling in some different
translations when I built the release version after including the
META-INF files.

Because it takes about two days to get a fresh signature from Mozilla, I
decided to re-build 5.1.1 in place after correcting the issue. If your
browser did not update yet, it should auto-update to the fixed 5.1.1,
and you'll have a good AMO signature. If your browser auto-updated
during the last hour or so, you will have a good, functional copy of
HTTPS Everywhere, but Firefox will display the warning message about
signatures.

In the interests of transparency, I've saved a copy of the broken
version at https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-eff-5.1.1-badsig.xpi.