[HTTPS-Everywhere] Chrome 2014.8.22 ("extremely stable") released

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Fri Sep 12 10:57:11 PDT 2014

I fought hard with the Chrome team to get them to reintroduce a sensible
way for developers to install their own .crx files, but I failed:

We clearly need to update our documentation to explain to people how to
use the "load unpacked extension" command on the pkg/crx/ subdirectory
after running the Chrome build script.

We should also probably start building and hosting intermediary .zip
files as well as the final .crx files, since it isn't possible to do
"load unpacked extension" on a .crx.