[HTTPS-Everywhere] Suggestion for SSL Observatory advanced options UI

Bernard Tyers ei8fdb at ei8fdb.org
Sun May 25 13:05:47 PDT 2014

On 25 May 2014, at 00:40, Yan Zhu <yan at eff.org> wrote:

>> I’ve written this up in a blog post with a mock-up of my suggestion:
>>
>> http://www.ei8fdb.org/thoughts/2014/05/suggested-update-for-effs-https-everywhere-ui/
>
> This is awesome, thanks so much! I think that looks much better too.
>
> If you'd like to open a pull request with these changes, the relevant
> markup file is in ./src/chrome/content/observatory-popup.xul. (XUL is
> the old UI markup language for Firefox. It's horrid but at least similar
> to HTML. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XUL.)
>
> Thanks a ton for the ideas,
> Yan

Hi Yan!

Great, glad you like it.

I will open a pull request as soon as I can figure out how to edit the markup files.

Do you have any tips on how to see the edits I make? I guess I’ll have to “compile” the .xpi file? That’s new to me.

I’ll let you know when I have it done. I’ll have a few other suggestions to make also.

Thanks.
Bernard