[HTTPS-Everywhere] Weekly GSoC meeting on IRC, 11:00PDT Fridays

Red redwire at riseup.net
Wed May 14 14:26:40 PDT 2014

> Hi all,
>
> Zack Mullaly is going to be working with Tor/EFF this summer as a Google
> Summer of Code student. I'll be his mentor for a project to add a secure
> ruleset update mechanism to HTTPS Everywhere that will (finally!) let us
> update rulesets quickly without releasing an extension update.
As Yan said, I decided to take up a proposal she created a while ago on
the mailing list to have this kind of feature built.  We met on the IRC
channel to iron out some of the core ideas about how the feature will
work last Friday.
I'm really excited to have the opportunity to work with you all this
Summer!  This will be my first time working on a Firefox extension, so I
have a lot to learn and will probably be asking a lot of questions for a
while, but I'll do my best not to cause too much trouble!

Cheers, and thanks again!
Zack