[HTTPS-Everywhere] bbc.co.uk attempts to use user installed certificates?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Mar 10 10:35:48 PDT 2014

On 03/10/2014 12:51 PM, Alex Xu wrote:
> It's not on bbc.co.uk per se; it's on another site whose resources are
> requested by the main site. I *think* it's related to video content, but
> not sure.

Is it still happening for you?  the popup dialog i get in iceweasel 27
(the firefox variant on debian) when i visit sites that require client
certs says:

 This site has requested that you identify yourself with a certificate:
 foo.example.com:443
 Issued under: "Global Root CA"
 Choose a certificate to present as identification:

What does yours say when you see this happening?  that should help you
to figure out what site is causing this.

	--dkg