[HTTPS-Everywhere] ideas for improvements to development and use of the ruleset

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Tue Mar 4 20:16:47 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm using https-finder. It often redirects me to https sites that
https-everywhere does not know about. I was thinking it would be a great
idea for https-finder to have the ability to submit domains that have
https on them over tor. Also it would be great if https-finder were
merged into https-everywhere.

The ruleset is updated quite often but the plugin doesn't necessarily
get updated on user's computers often, especially for example in Debian
stable. In order to work around this issue it would be great to ship a
snapshot of rules with the plugin as now but also allow the plugin to
download new rules on a regular basis over https with cert pinning in
place.

--
bye,
pabs