[HTTPS-Everywhere] Custom rulesets on Android not possible?

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Fri Jun 20 14:00:40 PDT 2014

On 06/13/2014 08:06 PM, gladoscc wrote:
> Is it possible to use custom rulesets on Android? I also cannot seem to
> find the pay.reddit.com <http://pay.reddit.com> rule like on desktop,
> strange that it is only missing on mobile.

If you're asking whether you can add custom user-written rulesets on
Android, the answer is probably but there is no UI for it yet.

On the other hand, if you're asking how to enable rulesets that are
default-off, that should be possible on Android as well (click on the
https everywhere icon to see applicable rules, check the one that should
be on). There is a bug where sometimes the applicable rules don't show
up though, so you might need to reload the page or turn https everywhere
on/off before it shows up.

-Yan