[HTTPS-Everywhere] Startup time measurements in Chrome and Firefox

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at newview.org
Sun Jan 19 00:36:30 PST 2014

On 01/17/2014 08:01 PM, Mike Perry wrote:
> It would also be useful to have an observer event or https-everywhere API call so that I could
> clear any caching during "New Identity" in Tor Browser.

This is a good idea. But does it make more sense to unload / load all
extensions during "New Identity?" That would have the desired effect,
and probably be useful for any other extensions users might install
(even though it's generally bad practice to install extra extensions on TBB).

I've uploaded a new version of my sqlite branch that doesn't create an index
on the targets table, saving 500k of zipfile size. I started on a change
to strip out the target tags from the XML, but the corresponding JS changes
turned out to be more complicated than I expected, so I punted on it for now.