[HTTPS-Everywhere] Startup time measurements in Chrome and Firefox

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Fri Jan 17 17:40:12 PST 2014

For what it's worth, I did a quick test converting the XML rulesets to
JSON. Parsing the resulting JSON string took 0.06 seconds, were as on my
machine parsing the XML rulesets took 1.61 seconds.

It seems this means we want to convert the XML to JSON during build
time, whichever way we go with actual manipulation of the ruleset data
strings and data structures inside the browser.

I still believe it is easier for humans to actually write rules in XML
rather than JSON, though.

Peter Eckersley: