[HTTPS-Everywhere] Mixed Content Blocker

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at newview.org
Tue Jan 14 22:22:18 PST 2014

On 01/14/2014 06:52 AM, Drake, Brian wrote:
> The first thing to do is to get some decent documentation on how things
> work now

You're right, we do need better documentation. Right now the only mention
on the HTTPS Everywhere site is a blurb about the Chrome beta, from before
Firefox implemented Mixed Content Blocking.

Do you think you could put together what we've discussed so far on this
thread, plus the linked tickets, into some candidate documentation?

> (Of course, the user should also be able to turn off the mixed content
> blocker entirely, but that’s probably a separate issue.)

You can actually do this. On Firefox, go to about:config and search for
security.mixed_content.block_active_content.

On Chrome, start the browser with --allow-running-insecure-content:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1342714?hl=en