[HTTPS-Everywhere] Broken / bad rule feedback mechanism

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Mon Jan 13 20:46:48 PST 2014

Hey guys, these are great questions too. Yes, I secretly implemented
an automated bug reporter for HTTPS Everywhere (Firefox) that submits
a bug report with user-selected info (OS, domain, URL, other addons
installed, comments) whenever you disable a ruleset. You can
optionally select to only submit over Tor for extra anonymization, SSL
Observatory-style.

It's not merged into master yet [1], but you can test it out at:
https://github.com/diracdeltas/https-everywhere/tree/autoreport

Would love UI feedback.

[1] The blocker is Peter or Seth (I forget whom) setting up an EFF
simple server to receive these rule reports. Right now, it just posts
to one of my personal servers. DANGER: I am not EFF; thus I do not
have a privacy policy like EFF's. All information you submit in these
bug reports will be publicly visible.

- -Yan