[HTTPS-Everywhere] Broken / bad rule feedback mechanism

John Stinson johnkstinson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:16:56 PST 2014

Hey,

I think this is independent of other discussions going on right now so I
created a new thread (sorry for moar email).

Has there ever been discussion of having a mechanism for users to report a
bad transition (as a result of a bad rule) directly from the plugin? For
instance, someone is redirected to an unexpected page, clicks on the
https-everywhere icon, and is able to click on a "report a bad rule"
button, that could send "us" data about the url, so we could act on
correcting it?

I'm not sure if the issue of bad rules is serious enough to warrant such an
option, and I can also foresee some privacy implications with this, but
just thought I'd mention the concept.

--
- John K. Stinson