[HTTPS-Everywhere] Speeding up Firefox start with SQLite

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at newview.org
Sun Jan 12 13:21:33 PST 2014

Here's a branch I made to experiment with putting rulesets into an
SQLite db:
https://github.com/jsha/https-everywhere/compare/sqlite.

It works pretty well. Startup is very fast, and URLs get rewritten
correctly. You can try it yourself here:
https://jacob.hoffman-andrews.com/hacks/https-everywhere-jsha-sqlite-demo.xpi
(and .asc for sig)

The downside is that we hit the DB pretty frequently, which slows down
browsing when you hit new sites. Once a given domain has been checked
for in the DB, we won't re-check. Probably the solution here is to load
all the targets into memory at startup.

Let me know what you think!