[HTTPS-Everywhere] Firefox extension not on addons.mozilla.org?

Pavel Kazakov nullishzero at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 11:05:13 PST 2014

On 01/01/2014 10:05 AM, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews wrote:
> I was just searching for the Firefox version of the plugin on
> addons.mozilla.org, and found that it's not there. I know you can
> install directly from eff.org, but is there a reason not to also upload
> to AMO?
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob

I was wondering the same thing when I first found HTTPS Everywhere.
According to HTTPS Everywhere's FAQ [1], it's due to Mozilla's privacy
policy:

Q. Why isn't HTTPS Everywhere available for download from
addons.mozilla.org like most other Firefox add-ons?

A. We felt that the Mozilla privacy policy that applies to downloads
from addons.mozilla.org is somewhat less protective than the privacy
policies of the organizations that develop HTTPS Everywhere, and we
prefer for HTTPS Everywhere users to be protected by our privacy policy.
This decision could change in the future as Mozilla's privacy practices
evolve or as we re-examine the details of the current Mozilla policy.

Regards,
Pavel

[1] https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/faq