[HTTPS-Everywhere] Are user rulesets still supported?

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:43:50 PST 2014

To whom it may concern:

It appears that version 4.0development.15 no longer loads any user
rulesets, at least in the form in which they worked in previous
versions.

I am aware that this is due to the change to an SQLite-based container
for the built-in rulesets. I did examine the source code enough to
determine that nothing currently calls the getCustomRuleDir() function
defined in HTTPSRules.js.

Do you still intend to support local user rulesets in the future? If
not, or if the format has changed, please document that publicly and
have future releases display a warning message if user rulesets in the
old format are present.

As a reminder, my use case is that I'm often too busy with school/work
to go through the formal development process, so I use user rulesets
to test changes. I also have a few customized rulesets for (e.g.)
stripping YouTube's "feature" query parameter, which is used for
tracking.

Thank you for your time and help.
(Sorry, I wasn't quite sure whether this message would belong better
on this list or -rules)

C. Liu