[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS to HTTP form submission warnings

Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Wed Aug 20 11:30:29 PDT 2014

I wasn't able to reproduce this prompt on Tumblr, in a fresh FF31.0
profile with only HTTPS Everywhere installed. Is there another site
that reproduces reliably?

I would be mildly in favor of search the page after load for form
elements where action points to an insecure URL that we can rewrite.
I'm more on the fence about rewriting the whole page. It might
enabled us to re-enable some rulesets that were disabled for MCB,
but it would work pretty inconsistently because of JavaScript
insertions and runs the risk of moving HTTPS Everywhere from "slow"
to "really slow."