[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere for Android

Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Mon Aug 18 14:20:20 PDT 2014

> It's integrated into the regular release process on 4.0 (not master
> because it uses the stable release rulesets).
How so? If, for instance, I try to install
https-everywhere-4.0development.17.xpi on my Android, I get "cannot
install the extension because it is not compatible with Firefox 29."
And the install.rdf in that xpi doesn't seem to contain the stanza
for Android FF as far as I can tell.

 > I've noticed this too and haven't tried debugging it. The ruleset
processing code is shared with the desktop version, so it's possible
that the slowness is just due to the fact that it's mobile Firefox.

The slowness gets worse over time, though, which makes me guess it's
a memory leak. It might be the same leak on desktop and mobile, but
more noticeable on memory-constrained mobile devices.

 > thanks!
 > Yan

Is this a new signature style to match the new gig as a Paranoid!
Yahoo! ? :-)