[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS-Everywhere needs to be on firefox addons

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Sun Apr 20 12:34:50 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-20 11:21, 810d4rk wrote:
> We need to get HTTPS-Everywhere on firefox addons, it is hurting the
> project not to have it there

I agree. As a rule, I refuse to install extensions that don't come from
the approved and authorized distribution source. HTTPS-Everywhere was a
reasonable exception for me, given that it's created and distributed by
the EFF.

But I don't think that training users to just install an extension from
anywhere is a good idea. Not that the official repositories are
necessarily safe, but at least a bit of curation can keep the worst out.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/