[HTTPS-Everywhere] CA requirement

Drake, Brian brian at drakefamily.tk
Fri May 31 08:33:49 PDT 2013

As I understand it, the priority with HTTPS Everywhere is to not break
anything. No security warnings, no domains that don’t support HTTPS, no
resources that don’t work properly over HTTPS. They’ll do this even if it
means pages are partially or entirely served over HTTP.

Having a CA’s signature might not make a certificate any better or the site
any more secure, but people think it does. Self signed certificates look
broken. And, in a sense, they ARE broken, in the sense that users have to
take special action to make them work, instead of just browsing using HTTP
the usual way (just because a site supports HTTPS doesn’t mean that
security is always important).

--
Brian Drake

All content created by me: